Florida mall closes as flooding submerges cars in parking lot
by: Sandra Nortunen, Palm Beach Post Updated: Jun 7, 2017 – 5:03 PM
SUNRISE, Fla. – Torrential downpours that soaked most of South Florida have closed one of the largest outlet malls in the United States.
The Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise, Florida, announced that it would be closed Wednesday, CBS Miami reported. Several cars that tried to plow through the puddles on Tuesday whose drivers anticipated shopping delights ended up getting trapped.
Nobody can see anything, even the security guard. He didn t even realize it, that s why he put caution tape around it, mall-goer Michael Reidout told CBS Miami.
2017 Cox Media Group.
- ^ >> Read more trending news (www.kiro7.com)
- ^ CBS Miami reported (miami.cbslocal.com)
- ^ pic.twitter.com/jfowQpMmih (t.co)
- ^ June 7, 2017 (twitter.com)
- ^ told Local 10 (www.local10.com)
- ^ pic.twitter.com/KwSWUEz0CN (t.co)
- ^ June 6, 2017 (twitter.com)
- ^ 10th largest mall (en.wikipedia.org)
- ^ post updates on its Facebook page (www.facebook.com)