SALT LAKE CITY (AP) Utah Gov. Gary Herbert’s Office says the state would have serious constitutional and financial concerns about a draft proposal to activate the National Guard to round up unauthorized immigrants.
Utah is one of 11 states named in a Trump administration memo obtained by the Associated Press outlining a proposal to mobilize up to 100,000 National Guard troops from New Orleans, Louisiana to Portland, Oregon. White House spokesman Sean Spicer says there is no effort to do what the memo suggests. U.S. Department of Homeland Security staffers told the Associated Press the proposal had been considered as recently as Feb. 10. Herbert’s office said in a statement that neither he nor the National Guard in Utah has received any official communication on the matter, but it would raise serious questions about constitutional implications and financial impacts.
Last Tuesday I went by the Veterans Office in the courthouse to return a file concerning the Veterans War Memorial but found the VA office closed. Instead, I ran into Mayor Bailey, who was getting in some lunch-time exercise. He said they would be back around 1:00 p.m. I had to pick up bird seed at Co-op for Mom between then and 1:00 so when my brother called and asked to meet him at Medical Center for lunch, I agreed.
I arrived at the same time as a small group and their table next to ours was obviously reserved. Their food was immediately delivered. Wow. I like that idea. The young couple with the small daughter must have placed that order earlier. That s what I need to do next time. They were all excitedly talking, laughing, and eating while John and I poured over the Home Search magazine.
Choose an online service.
- 1 Subscribe Online 
To subscribe to the Rogersville Review, please click (https://classadz.vdata.com/RogersvilleCirc/SelectOption.aspx).
Current print subscribers
You must login to view the full content on this page.
kAm(96? @?6 @7 E96 >6? C6>@G65 9:D 42A[ AC2J65[ 2?5 C6A=2465 :E[ x ?@E:465 (6DE ‘:C8:?:2 HC:EE6? @? :E] ~?6 42? 7:?5 A6CD@?D 7C@> (6DE ‘:C8:?:2 😕 E96 >@DE F?=:D 😕 u=6>:?8E@?[ }y 92D 2 D64FC:EJ 8F2C5 7C@> (6DE ‘:C8:?:2] p?@E96C >2? x H@C< H:E9 2E u=6FC 56 2:E :? 6H w@==2?5[ !p :D 2=D@ 7C@> (6DE ‘:C8:?:2] x 86E E@ 962C =@ED @7 9F?E:?8 2?5 7:D9:?8 DE@C:6D]k^Am kAmx DFAA@D6 J@F =:6E:>6D 96 4@F=5? E 564:56 36EH66? 2 52E6 H:E9 96C @C H:E9 E96 r96CCJ #:G6C 2?5 E96 EC@FE] u:?2==J[ D96 =67E sr 23@FE `hec 2?5 D96 DEF7765 9:> 😕 @?6 @7 96C DF:E42D6D] (6==[ ?@E 6I24E=J] qFE[ 2 4@FA=6 @7 >@?E9D =2E6C 96 7@F?5 9:D H2J E@ u@DE6C #@25 😕 #@86CDG:==6 H:E9 2 8@=5 32?5 😕 9:D A@46D:4< ?@H 2?5 E96? 7@C 9:D >@F?E2:?D]k^Am kAm$@[ x H2D? E DFCAC:D65 E@ 962C E96:C DE@CJ @7 9@H E9:D =:EE=6 82E96C:?8 42>6 23@FE]k^Am kAmy@6 2?5 x :?EC@5F465 @FCD6=G6D] $F>>6CDG:==6n x
by Fox Illinois News Team
BEARDSTOWN, Ill. (WRSP)
A federal grand jury has charged three men with conspiracy to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine in central Illinois, specifically in the Beardstown area, and related drug charges. Those charged are Hector Lopez-Herrera, of the 12000 block of Ill. Route 125, Beardstown; Modesto Favela-Chaidez, Chicago, and Jose Rolando Acosta-Hernandez, of the 1000 block of Garm Ave., Beardstown. The three men were arrested yesterday, in Beardstown, and made their initial appearance in federal court this afternoon before U.S. Magistrate Judge Tom Schanzle-Haskins. The defendants waived detention hearings and were ordered to remain in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service. Trial has been set for April 11, 2017, before U.S. District Judge Sue E. Myerscough. The indictment alleges that from May 2016 to Jan. 10, 2017, the three conspired to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine obtained from Chicago to others in the Beardstown area. According to allegations in the indictment, as part of the conspiracy, Lopez-Herrera would arrange for Favela-Chaidez to deliver cocaine from the Chicago area to co-conspirators in Cass county, including Acosta-Hernandez. Prior to and after delivery of cocaine by Favela-Chaidez, Lopez-Herrera would allegedly accept payment for the cocaine delivered to Acosta-Hernandez and others.
The charges are the result of investigation by the Drug Enforcement Administration; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Homeland Security Investigations; Illinois State Police; the Central Illinois Enforcement Group; Illinois National Guard, Macomb Police Department; the McDonough County Sheriff s Office; and, the Cass County Sheriff s Office. Assistant U.S. Attorney Gregory M. Gilmore is prosecuting the case. If convicted, the maximum statutory penalty for each offense charged is prescribed by Congress and is provided here for informational purposes, as sentencing is determined by the court based on the advisory Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors. For conspiracy to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine, the statutory penalty is five to 40 years in prison; if a defendant has a prior felony drug conviction, the penalty is 10 years to life in prison. Lopez-Herrera and Favela-Chaidez are also each charged with two counts of distribution and possession of cocaine with intent to distribute; Acosta-Hernandez is charged with four counts of distribution of cocaine. The statutory penalty for each count of these offenses, if convicted, is up to 20 years in prison; with a prior felony drug conviction, the statutory penalty is up to 30 years in prison.