security guard assaulted
FRANCISTOWN: Violence forced the abandonment of a First Division North tie between Chobe United and TASC in Kasane last weekend after a security guard reportedly assaulted the visiting team s player.
Mmegi Online :: Security guard assaults TASC player
A security guard deployed by Chobe United at the game is said to have physically assaulted, Obonolo Ditshoto after a scuffle for the ball. TASC secretary, Andrew Motsamai said the scuffle ensued in the 66th-minute when his player, Ditshoto hurried to pick the ball for a throw-in and the security guard clad in a bib refused with the ball.
We were 2-0 down and it is natural that a losing team player would wrestle the ball when they feel they are delayed. Our player did just that, and when he wrestled the ball from the security guard he assaulted him with a fist and we had to ferry him to the hospital, Motsamai said. He said the team then converged in their combi and although the referee called them back after the situation normalised, the players felt vulnerable and refused to get back on the field. Motsamai said the club has informed the First Division North committee of the matter verbally and they are in the process of serving them with a formal report.
Meanwhile, Chobe United assistant manager, Johane Chanjekwa said
TASC blew the matter out of proportion just to avoid finishing the game as they were losing. He said the security guard acted innocently and he is being victimised.
He just threw the ball back to the player who was rushing to get it, but without malice, unfortunately it hit the player and he rolled like he was seriously injured. That steered confusion and his technical team was up in arms, but no one raised a hand.
I think it was just a plot to disrupt the match. We have lost at home to other teams and nothing of this nature ever happened, and why would we want to ruin the game when we are winning? he asked. We take seriously issues of security for our visitors and we don t compromise. We put very responsible people. We are disappointed at the behaviour of our counterparts.
First division north secretary general, Rapula Gaothobogwe said they are aware of what transpired and are waiting for the match report from the fourth official to verify the incident and inform an appropriate action.
Norman Miller Daily News Staff @Norman_MillerMW
FRAMINGHAM A Framingham woman refused to leave the MetroWest Medical Center on Tuesday and punched a security guard as police tried to escort her out, authorities said. Police arrested Shannon Ware, 32, at the hospital at 7:49 p.m., prosecutor Kristen Hughes said Wednesday at Ware s Framingham District Court arraignment. On Tuesday, police went to the hospital because Ware had been discharged and refused to leave, the prosecutor said.
As the police officers began to escort her out, she screamed, (Expletive) you, I m not leaving, and then she punched the security guard in the face with a closed fist, Hughes said.
Police arrested Ware, of 25 Hilton St., and charged her with assault and battery and disorderly conduct. Hughes asked Judge Lynn Coffin Brendemuehl to hold Ware on $500. Hughes said Ware has a long record that includes convictions for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and assault and battery. Ware also has a history of skipping court and violating probation, Hughes said. Ware s lawyer, Ken Gross, argued that Ware should be released.
I would characterize her as a poor soul who has mental health issues and substance abuse problems, mainly alcohol, Gross said.
Ware, he said, is being treated for bi-polar disorder and recently stopped taking her medication. In addition, she had been sober for six months but recently relapsed, he said.
She wasn t in control of herself and she regrets her actions, Gross said. Brendemuehl ordered Ware held on $200 bail. Ware is due back in court on Feb. 22 for a pretrial conference. Norman Miller can be reached at 508-626-3823 or [email protected] For up-to-date crime news, follow Norman Miller on Twitter @Norman_MillerMW or on Facebook at facebook.com/NormanMillerCrime.
A former Las Vegas hotel security guard took advantage of two intoxicated women and raped them in their rooms, prosecutors said Friday. But during opening statements, a defense attorney for Jerry Earl Johnson said that he was falsely accused both times in early 2009. The first allegation was made in February 2009, when a woman said she returned drunk to the Wyndham Grand Desert hotel, near Harmon Avenue and Koval Lane, and a security guard helped her up to her room. She told police the guard then raped her.
A month later, another woman reported similar allegations and said her assailant resembled LL Cool J, Chief Deputy District Attorney Sam Martinez told jurors. The woman alleged that she drifted in and out of consciousness while telling the man, No. Detectives quickly recognized similarities in the two allegations, the prosecutor said.
In the midst of the second incident, the woman accidentally called her mother, who overheard her daughter struggle and a man s voice. Authorities later linked Johnson, now 48, to both cases through DNA evidence found in the second encounter. But Deputy Public Defender Jeff Maningo told jurors Friday that no sex ever happened in the first incident and there would be no medical evidence to prove the woman was assaulted. In the second, he said, the woman consented to the sex.
People come to Vegas and act out of character, Maningo said. Those actions, when out of character, can lead to regret.
Johnson was originally charged with two counts of sexual assault in 2010, and the case lingered in the court system for more than seven years before going to trial.
While two wrongs don t make a right, Maningo said, two wrongful accusations could actually convict an innocent man. The trial is expected to continue through the middle of next week. Contact David Ferrara at