Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The following terms govern use of our web site. This legal notice applies to the entire contents of the Website under the domain name news4security.com (Website) and to any correspondence by e-mail between us and you. Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. Using the Website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the Website. This notice is issued by News4Security and its sister promotional online portals in regard to its commitment to the DMCA Compliance Policy Notice!
News4Security is in compliance with 17 U.S.C. ? § 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). It is our policy to respond to any infringement notices and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. If your copyrighted material has been posted on News4Security or if links to your copyrighted material are returned through our search engine and you want this material removed, you must provide a written communication that details the information listed in the following section. Please be aware that you will be liable for damages (including all costs and solicitors fees) if you misrepresent information listed on our site that is infringing on your copyrights. We suggest that you first contact a solicitor for legal assistance on this matter. The following elements must be included in any copyright infringement claim:
- Provide evidence of the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Provide sufficient contact information so that we may contact you. You must also include a valid email address.
- You must identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed and including at least one search term under which the material appears in News4Security’s search results.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Must be signed by the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.
Send the written infringement notice to the following address and an email notification to Contact Us Further to this notification news4security.com in not connected to or infringes upon any other company, directly or via third party and maintains this website solely for and on behalf of it’s members. Also any content as listed and displayed is supplied by our members for our members covering a wide and varied range of content making it a major source for the users of this website to make a informed choice of security events and reports. However in supplying this service we do not accept any responsibility for our members actions or content posted, mirrored or linked by our users, other than our obligations in upholding the DMCA compliance policiy. Niether are the service providers directly or indirectly accountable for manufacturing or retailing military equipment, directly or indirectly associated with government surplus or original patrol and military field kit and equipment, neither does News4Security claim or presents itself as any direct or third party outlet to similar or associated business trading under or resembling names, products or offers including manufacturing and marketing logos and descriptions.
Please allow 1-2 business days for an email response. Note that emailing your complaint to other parties such as our Internet Service Provider will not expedite your request and may result in a delayed response due to the complaint not properly being filed. Neither will we tolerate boorish acrimonious behaviour, malice or declaration of one’s purpose either verbal or documented with intention toward physical injury or financial harm to any person, property, or rights of another, by the commission or commissioning of an unlawful or statuary act; and doing so will weaken your case for a sympathetic resolution or instant rejection of your complaint.
- 1.1 You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website are only open to you if you register.
- 1.2 By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave the Website immediately.
- 1.3 The Company may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at the Website.
- 2.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from the Website [for your own use] on the following basis: (a) no documents or related graphics on the Website are modified in any way; (b) no graphics on the Website are used separately from the corresponding text; and (c) the Company’s copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies. 2.2 All rights to reproduction are reserved, including those for the documents available for download and the iconographical and photographic representations (all rights not expressly conceded are reserved)
- 2.3 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by the Company or its licensors. For the purposes of this legal notice, any use of extracts from the Website other than in accordance with clause.
- 2.1 for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
- 2.4 Subject to clause 2.1, no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the Company’s prior written permission.
- 2.5 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
3. SERVICE ACCESS
- 3.1 While the Company endeavors to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, the Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 3.2 Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the Company’s control.
4. VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
- 4.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material: (a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or (b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or (c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or (d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- 4.3 You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking). 4.4 The Company shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clause 4.2 or clause 4.3.
5. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- 5.1 Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. The Company has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- 5.2 If you would like to link to the Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions: (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the NEWS4SECURITY logo; (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website; (c) you do not in any way imply that the Company is endorsing any products or services other than its own; (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with the Company nor present any other false information about the Company; (e) you do not otherwise use any NEWS4SECURITY trademarks displayed on the Website without express written permission from the Company; (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- 5.3 The Company expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in clause 5.2 for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate.
- 5.4 You shall fully indemnify the Company for any loss or damage suffered by the Company or any of its group companies for breach of clause 5.2.
- 6.1 Each registration is for a single user only. The Company does not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
- 6.2 Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you.
- 7.1 While the Company endeavors to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material.
- 7.2 The material on the Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with the Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the Website.
- 8.1 The Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), and any of the Company’s group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
- 8.2 Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit the Company’s liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 fraud; or (b) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (c) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. 8.3 If your use of material on the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
9. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom Crown Courts for England and Wales.